Fit6 coaches are able to treat a range of mobility issues using their specialist knowledge of sports therapy, soft tissue manipulation and injury rehabilitation techniques.
What does this cover?
- Occupational injury – whether you’re suffering back pain from sitting at a desk all day or injury from manual labour
- Injury rehabilitation – are you recovering from an operation and want to ease yourself back into training or are you an athlete looking to recuperate following injury?
- Flexibility & mobility issues – whether you’re struggling to fully lift, extend or move a particular area or you want to improve your posture
- Specialist training – are you preparing for a particular event or do you already train hard but want to train better?
What happens next?
Your Fit6 therapy journey begins with an evaluation of any current mobility issues, lifestyle and discussion of your ultimate goals.
Our coaches will then take you through a detailed movement assessment where your posture and functional movement will be evaluated. Our coaches are fully trained using the Functional Movement Screen system which identifies movement limitation and dysfunction. We will take detailed measurements and highlight any concerns we may have regarding your range of motion.
Using a broad range of sports massage, soft tissue therapies and manipulation your coach will provide you with a bespoke programme of exercises and stretches, helping to improve your range of motion and enabling you to build towards a strong foundation for training.
Your progress will be continually monitored and your coach will conduct regular screening to ensure you’re moving towards your ultimate goal.
Soft Tissue Therapy
Our Fit6 coaches use this hands-on manual approach for the treatment and management of soft tissue injury, pain and dysfunction. Whether your injury has come from misuse (over-loaded), overuse (too much, too soon) or disuse (poor technique/posture) there are various skilled techniques that can be applied to the areas of concern.
Speak to one of our Fit6 coaches if you suffer from any of the following:
- Back or neck problems
- Joint problems
- Sports injuries – sprains, tears etc.
- Postural issues
Competitors in any sport want to improve skill and performance levels but the constant stress on the body can result in muscular imbalances that may impede performance and cause discomfort. Expertly applied sports massage from one of our skilled Fit6 coaches can release tension and restore balance to the musculoskeletal system, allowing an athlete to achieve peak performance.
A sports massage before, during or after sporting events and activities can:
- improve performance and flexibility;
- prevent injury and reduce fatigue;
- increase flexibility; and
- reduce muscle tension and speed recovery.
Massage & Therapy Techniques
- Muscle Energy Technique
- Myofascial Release
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Soft Tissue Release
DP Function Fitness has been relaunched as Fit6. Welcome to my new website.
Improve flexibility, strength, and promote back care…… The word Deadlift is something that scares a lot of people. Maybe it’s the first four letters that has something to do with it. More often than not, individuals have strained their lower backs when Deadlifting in the past or already have lower back problems and dare not […]